I don’t need to know you to know that you deserve to be celebrated. With or without a romantic partner, there’s plenty you can do to honour all the versions of love in your life. Let’s explore some of them.
1. Being single is great because it allows you to focus on the most important person in your life: yourself. When you're in a relationship, your focus has to shift a little. You love yourself every day, and valentine's day should be dedicated to showing yourself how much. What's a lowkey day like for you? Skincare? Netflix movie marathon? Long walk? Ignore that little voice in your head telling you it's not worth the time. It is because YOU ARE.
2. Brighten someone's day. Do you know someone who is going through a hard time? Send them a gift or something nice.
3. Call someone who loves you. Shower yourself with love by letting someone else do it for you. Call a friend you love who loves you and overdose on requited love
4. Clean your house. Had to sneak this one in. Whether you're an avid cleaner, or one of us who only clean when we really need to, you can't deny that seeing your work post-cleaning makes you feel a little like a god. In my opinion, Valentine's day is the best day to be god-like.
5. Do something with friends. Valentine's day is about love, so why not spend it with the ones you have loved for a while? Plan a video call with your best friends and do something together. Try buying a meal together from your favourite vendor and splitting the bill as a group— special memories deserve a dedicated account.
6. Spend time with family. Have you got nieces, siblings or family you've promised to visit? Valentine's season is a great time to get to it.
7. Buy something cute for your friends. I keep coming back to friends because we don't give platonic love enough attention. Friends are great, so why not show them how much they mean to you by spoiling them a little? Send them something handmade, or splurge 😉